Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole
- 4 out of 5

I loved this movie and I don't even know where to start in explaining why. Maybe it's because I'm a bit of a bird nerd and think owls are the badasses in the bird kingdom. Maybe it's because the story is great as it's your classic story of good versus evil, sibling verses sibling. A story where the wise old warrior trains the young, idealistic dreamer on finding his place in the world and unlock the noble warrior within. Maybe it's because the animation is some of the most beautiful I've ever seen in an animated movie. From beginning to end, the visuals can bring tears to your eyes. Maybe it's the awesome action sequences that I didn't think were possible when you add the fact that it's owls fighting. Maybe it's the fact that Zach Snyder directed this and I'm a big fan of his work. Or maybe because the voice acting is tremendous. (Two men sum up how awesome the voice acting is: Geoffrey Rush and Hugo "Motherfucking" Weaving.)

More realistically it's all these elements coming together that made this movie for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.