Sunday, December 5, 2010

Spaceballs: The Totally Warped Animated Adventures

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Spaceballs: The Totally Warped Animated Adventures - 1 out of 5

If I didn't limit myself to the 1-5 scale, I would have given this terrible animated series based on the fantastic movie a zero out of five...it is that flippin' bad.

This DVD isn't the entire run of this (thankfully) short lived series but rather only 4 episodes...and even those 4 episodes are too much to deal with as they are filled with shitty animation that looks like a late 90's flash-style web-cartoon, barely passable voice acting, weak fart humor and recycled jokes from the movie. Every second of every episode found me rolling my eyes with just embarrassment as this show strives to be funny but fails at every turn. This is even harder to deal with when we already know that Mel Brooks is an absolutely hilarious man.

So, I have to ask: What happened with this show?

Honestly, this show is so bad that if you have a friend who recommends this to you, stop being their friend. The last girl I dated told me this show was funny, so I put it on my Netflix queue and we broke up before I finally watched it. However, if we were still dating, I would have broke up with her for flat out lying to me that this show was even remotely watchable...this show is that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.