Friday, November 12, 2010

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2 - 5 out of 5

A terrific continuation of the quality we saw in the first season of this animated Star Wars series on Cartoon Network. The awesome computer animation is still here along with all the great characters and their fantastic voice actors performing the hell out of their parts. It's also sad, however, that the animated version of Anakin Skywalker is a better actor than the real life Hayden Christensen.

Like the last season, we get to see great stories of the events taking place during the infamous Clone Wars. In my opinion, the stories told were even better as the season kicks off with a 3-part episode arc that follows mercenary Cad Bane as he is commissioned by the Separatists to steal information from the Jedi Council. Honestly, the fact that this show has given us the awesome character of Cad Bane is enough reason, for me at least, to give this show a 5 out of 5. But the show gets even better as more several episode spanning story arcs take place and ultimately ending with Boba Fett attempting to get revenge on the Jedi who killed his father. Can it get any better than that?

One thing that, even in the last season, surprised me was the fact this cartoon does not shy away from dark themes. Despite being on the Cartoon Network (and not on the Adult Swim portion) this animated series is not afraid to show death and the horrors of war. A character even killed himself during this season. I was quite impressed that the show had a suicide in it...never thought I would see that on CN.

From beginning to end, this show just reinforces my love of Star Wars. Even if it was mediocre (like all the Star Wars video games), I would have purchased it anyway because I am that obsessed with Star Wars but, instead, this animated series brings quality entertainment that I can watch over and over again like the films.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.