Friday, November 5, 2010

Planet Earth: The Complete Series

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Planet Earth: The Complete Collection - 5 out of 5


I love nature documentaries and the BBC is the king of the nature documentary. This series is beautifully shot and very informative as it scopes the amazing landscape that is this glorious little gem, the third rock from the sun: Earth. Combine that with the only man who should ever narrate a nature doc, the man--the legend--David Attenborough. This DVD set also includes the supplement episodes from Planet Earth: The Future, which discusses conservation and protection of the delicate planet we live on. Being a nature lover and environmentalist myself (I became a vegan for crying out loud to protect this planet) these three episodes are definitely are a highlight as they discuss issues like protecting endangered species and moves toward balancing development and conservation.

If you're into learning or just find nature interesting, I recommend getting your hands on this series. It aired on the Discovery Channel in 2006 but the American version had Sigourney Weaver narrating. Don't get me wrong, I love Sigourney but Attenborough is the man when it comes to the nature doc. Trust me when I tell you to get the BBC version, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.