Monday, September 13, 2010

The World According to Sesame Street

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The World According to Sesame Street - 5 out of 5

I grew up watching Sesame Street and, in my opinion, I think I'm better off for it. It taught me to treat others with respect no matter who they were, it taught me to never stop learning and it taught me that above all things, life is fun. Even in college I watched Sesame Street every morning and would feel like a kid again--even if it was only for a half an hour before the adult world would come pulling me back in and force me to go to class. This documentary showcase the minds behind our favorite street as they try to bring their fun and educational program to other countries. There are trials and tribulations are governments show no interest in the show and the Sesame Street geniuses take heat when, in South Africa, they introduce a Muppet who is HIV positive. Jim Henson created something that was revolutionary when he created the Muppets and when Sesame Street was created, they did something that wasn't seen in children's programming and this documentary shows that they continue to be leaps and bounds ahead of the curve. This doc is touching, sweet and informative. I dare you to not smile as you the children watch their very own Sesame Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.