Monday, September 13, 2010

The Most Hated Family in America

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Most Hated Family in America - 5 out of 5

Scary as HELL! This BBC documentary has Louis Theroux following around the complete nutjobs that are The Westboro Baptist Church. Yes, I am bias against them, that's why I called them nutjobs. And even though I am an atheist and find most people who believe in religion to be sort of "off," I find this group to be the epitome of insane as they actually believe (and you see it in this documentary) that everyone but themselves will burn in hell because, apparently, God hates America because we cater to the homosexuals. Which I find to be strange because our government constantly refuses the right for gays to get married but the Westboro crew believes this country is somehow bowing to their feet as they picket soldiers' funerals which, as they say in the doc, is punishment because our tolerance to this alternative lifestyle. That is a level of insanity that I never knew existed until I saw this doc. I mean I knew the Westboro Church hated homosexuals but the depth of their bigotry and hatred was lost on me until I saw this. And to make matters worse, they are so deep in their cult (and they're a cult) that they can't see themselves with critical eyes and see the animosity, hate, anger and ignorance that they carry. If you can control yourself and not punch your TV every time those hate mongers speak, this doc is a must see (although difficult to find on DVD but you can view it on the 'net.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.