Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief - 4 out of 5

I've never read the Young Adults Novels that this film is based upon but I found myself enjoying this movie nonetheless. In fact, I'm happy to see my niece enjoyed the movie so much, that she went out and is now reading the books. See, movies can inspire children to read. In fact, that's the only reason I'm glad Harry Potter exists. It gets kids to read. I really enjoyed the modern day melding this movie had with Greek Mythology. This movie has some fantastic special effects and some great older actors (Sean Bean, Pierce Brosnon, Steve Coogan. Katherine Keener, Joey Pants, Uma Thurman, and Kevin McKidd) mixing well with some very talented youths. Logan Lerman seems to have really gotten better at acting after his terrible performance in the terrible movie, Gamer and Brandon T. Jackson is so good at playing a high school kid/satyr that I forget he was Alpa Chino in Tropic Thunder. Overall, this movie just tells a very fun and whimsical story with some great action sequences. Great movie for a night with the family and a big bucket of popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.