Monday, July 26, 2010

The Book of Eli

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Book of Eli - 5 out of 5

I've read the reviews that said this movie was slow moving and boring but I found an VERY entertaining movie. First off, the acting is awesome but that should be expected since you have Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman in it. But what I really loved if how they made the move actually LOOK like a graphic novel. Now, I haven't read the graphic novel this movie is based on...at least not cover to cover but I've glanced at the novel and found the cinematography and camera shots really made every second of the movie look like a panel in the novel. The lighting is just awesome in this movie. The bright light and the deep, rich shadows really help set the feel for the movie. And then there's the action sequences that were just beautifully done. A gorgeous, violent dance they were! The story is engaging and the camera work is second to none. The whole time I watched this, I kept trying to understand why the mainstream critics hated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.