Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mrs. Doubtfire

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Mrs. Doubtfire - 4 out of 5

It's been years since I've seen this movie and I remember it being pretty funny--however, I've learned that sometimes the memories I have of a movie aren't always the reality. But after re-watching this one after, I don't know how many years, it's still pretty entertaining. I know it's become hip to hate on Robin Williams for his energetic performances that can be easily described as seemingly coke-fueled but being that I'm a stand up comedian myself, Williams holds a special place in my heart because he was one of the forefathers who not only inspired me to be a comedian but has kept that dream alive by his success--plus, I loved him as Popeye! However, Williams does a great job of balancing his real acting ability with his near aneurism-inducing level of comedy (even when it's easy to get crazy having Williams in drag) to create a genuinely touching film. And watching it as an older man, I have a greater appreciation for the realistic ending and admire the fact that the filmmakers steered away from having Sally Field's character get back together with Williams' character. That's all I have to say about Mrs. Doubtfire, so now I am going to watch my favorite Robin Williams movie--the only problem is I don't know if it's Popeye or Death to Smoochy. Ah, hell, I'll watch 'em both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.