Thursday, June 9, 2011

SpongeBob SquarePants Season 6 Vol. 2

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

SpongeBob SquarePants Season 6 Vol. 2 - 5 out of 5

I'm a thirty year old man. I'm not married and I don't have kids. A large part of me refuses to grow up. I have an extensive collection of Nerf guns and Legos. I play video games and love toys--my place is literally filled with various toys I found to be cool standing proudly on nearly every piece of furniture. I have Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi doing battle on my kitchen table. Master Shake sits beside my television and Toothless is gearing up for flight on top of one of my DVD towers. And that's just a start. But my refusal to grow up can also be seen in my love of cartoons. But unlike proper children and not a grown-ass man who refuses to let go of his childhood, I won't just accept any bright color animation put before me. I want some quality to it. And that's where shows like SpongeBob SquarePants fits in. Ever since I discovered this show back when I was in college, I was in love with it.

Last year, I reviewed the first half of this season and now, I finally got to see the final half (other than money, Nickelodeon, what reason do you have to split these DVD's for?) Like all other seasons, this 2nd half of season 6 keeps up the laughs, quality animation and awesome voice acting from Tom Kenny and crew (including the awesome Clancy Brown as Eugene Krabs). And to prove that this cartoon isn't just for kids, their able to get celebrities you would never think would EVER visit Bikini Bottom to do guest spots. In the past they had the guys from Pantera show up but metal legends Sebastian Bach and Dee Snider stop by during this half of season 6. In fact, Snider was hilarious on it. Watch this clip of him in action...


Sorry for the crummy quality, it was the only clip I could find that was half-way decent.

Now, while this season may not have the memorable episodes that will live on in infamy like previous season (like the episode where Patrick and SpongeBob learn to swear) this season has some very funny episodes that see the marriage between Plankton and his computer wife; Karen, start to hit the rocks, SpongeBob and Patrick try to become wrestlers, Squidward joins Bikini Bottom's answer to a Moose Lodge and an episode that clearly was the stand out to me--SpongeBob breaking his pet snail's shell and having to find a replacement.

One character barely has a presence this season (and has been seen less and less for a couple of years now) is the squirrel from Texas who now calls the ocean floor her home; Sandy Cheeks. But to be honest, Sandy was never my favorite character and always felt like a third wheel to Patrick Star and porous sponge who lives in a pineapple. So other than this very noticeable disappearance of a character, there is really nothing to complain about with this season. It continues the quality of delivering fun and laugh out loud episodes we've come to know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.