Sunday, June 26, 2011

Pucker Up: The Fine Art of Whistling

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Pucker Up: The Fine Art of Whistling - 4 out of 5

When I first sat down to watch to watch Pucker Up: The Fine Art of Whistling--a documentary following the contestants of the 2004 Annual Whistler's Convention in Louisburg, North Carolina--I had the same feeling I did when I watch a little documentary about an air guitar contest called Air Guitar Nation. I thought, what a bunch of weirdos dedicating their lives to such a specific and minor thing. But then I see the participants in action and I immediately am taken back by how talented they are at their chosen art.

There's no flash to this documentary, you're not going to walk away educated on some problem plaguing society or the world--no, this is just a straight documentary about people. The film is wonderful as it focuses on those who take their art very, VERY seriously. Some compare whistling to a religious experience, some believe it's a cure for depression or even a universal language. But at the heart of it, these people are flipping talented and watching them in action is just plain awesome. To be short and sweet: Pucker Up is a fun little documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.