Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Tillman Story

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Tillman Story - 5 out of 5

I'm not a sports guy. I would rather be rolling twenty sided dice and playing L.A. Noire than watch a single sports game. Call me emasculated, call me whatever you like but sports just don't interest me. However, documentaries DO interest me--no matter what the subject material. And when the documentary is about an atheist pro-football player turned soldier who dies in action and the details of his death are covered up by some of the highest of the higher ups in our government, you've sold me in spades!

If you're a sports guy (so, basically, not me) you know who Pat Tillman is. The man who gave up millions of dollars playing for the Arizona Cardinals to go and fight in Iraq. It's no secret that Tillman died in duty and many douche bags in our government decided to use his death to push their own political agendas. Let me clear that up because when I say douche bags in our government, I pretty much described 99% of the politicians in the good old U.S.A. The specific douche bags I'm talking about is guys like John McCain, George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Donald Rumsfeld and even some D-Bags at Fox News (there I go again describing all of them) got into the mix and used Tillman's death to push the war and sell him as an American Hero. Something his family assured he DIDN'T want. However, what was a secret about Tillman's unfortunate demise is how the government (those same D-Bags who used his name to push their agendas) covered up the details of exactly how Tillman was killed--even going as far as lying to the man's family and widow.

Josh Brolin narrates the documentary and from beginning to end it's interesting and pulls at the heartstrings as it compiles interviews with Tillman's family and fellow soldiers who witnessed the man's death along with videos and photos of the man himself during his playing days. It was hard to NOT cry as you see the pain our government put this poor family through who already were suffering a tremendous loss and it's even harder to not already hate an administration that was already questionable with its ethics (yeah, I'm a liberal and this review is bias towards it, I admit it, I'm not Fox and would lie and say I'm "Fair and Balance").

The story is tragic and heartbreaking but the documentary is well put together with overwhelming evidence of wrong doing by our government. If you like documentaries, this is definitely one to check out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.