Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Creepshow 3

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Creepshow 3 - 1 out of 5

It's expected that sequels within a horror film franchise (even the most obscure) will get worse and worse however I've never seen one take such a dramatic decline in quality as I saw in Creepshow 3.

I really enjoyed the first two films. They were sometimes off the wall silly but the stories they contained were often witty, humorous and a little spooky--many with delightful twisting, ironic ending. However, the creativity that was seen in the previous two was completely abandoned for this phoned in sequel. I really don't know what the filmmakers were thinking when this film was produced because right off the bat, the script should have screamed crap as the stories are far from interesting and the terrible writing would be obvious even on paper as it is on screen. The quality of these stories makes me believe that the filmmakers gathered them from a 6th grade creative writing class in the worst middle school in America. Only a naive pre-teen would think that the stories contained within this film were somehow creative and witty. And then, as if to emphasize the terrible stories, the director seemingly instructed his cast of individuals who I've never seen before (and probably never will again) to over-act every single solitary second of the film. The acting is so over-the-top and annoying, you should probably induce vomiting if you accidentally see any of it.

There is nothing--ABSOLUTELY NOTHING--that works in this film. The stories are inane and lack the unique perspectives the first two films had (one story is nearly identical to one in the 2nd film) and the acting is enough to drive a person insane. And I don't even want to get started on the film's attempt to be humorous. Let's just say I would rather see a double feature show of Dane Cook and Carlos Mencia doing all the jokes they stole from more talented comedians in order to become famous than watch a single joke from this film. In fact, it actually took me three sittings to make it through the film because I would end my torment and come back to it days later...it was that hard to sit through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.