Thursday, April 7, 2011

I Love You Phillip Morris

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

I Love You Phillip Morris - 4 out of 5

Based upon the real life of con artist and multiple-escapee from prison, Steven Jay Russell, I Love You Phillip Morris is a hilarious comedy. Jim Carrey stars as Russell who, after finally admitting to himself that he's a homosexual, leaves his family and starts a life on the con in order to keep the river of a financially endowed life flowing. After the law finally catches up with him, Russell meets the man who would become the love of his life, Phillip Morris (played by Ewan McGregor). The rest of the story unfolds with love, tragedy and a whole lot of lies--all the while being hilarious as hell.

McGregor and Carrey play really well together and Jim continues to prove that he can be funny without making crazy faces--honestly, there wasn't much room for "alrighty then's" in this one. My hat also goes off to him for choosing to play such a drastically different role than I've ever seen him in. There's not else much to say about this one. It's just plain funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.