Saturday, March 26, 2011

Weekend at Bernie's II

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Weekend at Bernie's II - 1 out of 5

The dead man is back and it's time for another wacky adventure. Wait, did I say "wacky?" Because I meant to say "it's time for a completely pointless sequel to a film I was totally bored with."

Besides a few story changes, Weekend at Bernie's II isn't much different from the first one. Jonathon Silverman is giving his typical performance that would be the inspiration for David Schwimmer's entire life and Andrew McCarthy is still annoying as all hell. These two extremely unlikeable characters team up to get a bunch of cash that the dead man (Bernie) left behind and, with the help of some voodoo, they're able to follow the corpse who walks/dances to the money's location. I'm not kidding, that's the storyline but when you take into consideration that the film revolves around a dead guy, there's at least some semblance of creativity going on there.

Like the first time around, the laughs are generic and cheesy but at least there isn't a necrophilia joke like in the last one--I'll give the movie that. I didn't enjoy the first one and, clearly, I didn't enjoy this one but, I can say this, at least there was a shot of some boobs in this movie that made me walk away from it saying, "at least it wasn't a total wash." Yep, that sums up the movie for me...a single scene of two girls losing their tops for a split second is the only enjoyment I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.