Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Venture Bros. Season 4 Vol. 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Venture Bros. Season 4 Vol. 1 - 4 out of 5

The Venture crew is back and ready for adventure for the fourth season of this hilarious Adult Swim cartoon. However, things have changed since the previous season. Brock Samson is alive, Henchman 24 is dead and Dean and Hank are a few years older.

The awesome writing and humor I've come to know and love from the show is still here but something was missing for me during this season that caused me to not enjoy it as much as the previous ones. It's not the fact that it was decided to break this season into two volumes but rather the absence of Brock really hurt the show as I'm not a fan of Sgt. Hatred being the loyal bodyguard of Rusty, Hank and Dean. The man being a former arch-villain and recovering pedophile sounds funny on paper but just wasn't as cool as Brock. But in the end, it's still The Venture Bros. and it's still funny as hell. And, like all the other Adult Swim shows being released on DVD currently, these episodes are now uncensored. Uncensored in the fact the swearing is no longer bleeped out and, unlike shows like Metalocalypse, the nudity is still blurred.

While I didn't enjoy this as much as the last 3 seasons, the evolution of the show and new turn it provided for the characters was a welcome sight (despite the lack of Brock) and it's still absolutely hilarious and worth watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.