Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jackass 3D

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Jackass 3D - 5 out of 5

The boys of Jackass hit a new world of surprises as they boldly go into the third dimension with nutshot, paintballs and a whole lot of male nudity.

I'll be honest, I didn't see this film in 3D. A part of me very much wanted to go to the theater and see the painful hilarity that is the guys in action but a bigger part of me didn't want to see their shenanigans coming out of the screen at me. Basically, the same part of me that doesn't want feces or urine being tossed at him in real life is the same part of me that didn't want it seemingly thrown at me in a theater.

That being said, I enjoyed this film in the plain old, mom & pop store, vanilla flavored, missionary position two dimension. However, the crew going 3D was exactly what they needed to keep the series fresh because following the flawless execution of the 2nd movie would be hard to top. But exquisite camera work utilizing 3D cameras in high definition as well as high speed cameras filming at 1,000 frames per second created some amazing sequences--especially when these sequences involve the dudes doing things like shooting a dildo out of a potato gun at Rick Kosick's face or Ryan Dunn jumping over a river on a mini-bike.

All the things we've come to know and love (or hate, depending on what side of the fence you stand on when it concerns Jackass) is here. Knoxville is still the most bad ass dude on the planet and Bam Margera is still a complete tool and his sequences are annoying to watch as he cries out for attention like a spoiled two year old (if you like Margera, I'm sorry. I can't stand the dude). And everything else you've come to expect is here and while some of the territory that they tread on is familiar, they've been able to bring it to the screen in a way that it feels new to us. So, all in all, while I found this movie very VERY funny, I didn't think it surpassed the perfection that was the 2nd film. The 2nd movie was epic on a scale that even my movie reviewing scale isn't able to give justice to. However, this movie, with it's innovation with the use of new cameras to their unique stunts, has created it's own special spot within the hallowed halls of entertainment that the stuntmen of Jackass has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.