Saturday, March 5, 2011

Home Alone

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Home Alone - 3 out of 5

It's been a long time since I watched this little playful hit about some very irresponsible parents leaving their child behind during the holidays and he's force to engage in combat with two incompetent burglars. And honestly, after revisiting this film, it's about as good as it was before. Sure I laugh at it more ironically then I did as a child and I find it more amusing because I make fun of it but there is still a charm to this movie that is undeniable. However, it is pretty funny to watch right now because when this film came out, the industry said Macaulay Culkin would be the "next big thing" and, ultimately, he never achieved that status. In fact, watching this film today, I kinda wonder why people thought he was going to be this big actor as Culkin really isn't the interesting portion of this film. Sure he slapped his hands against his face and gave a scream that became a pop culture reference that was repeated ad-nauseum but the real stars of this movie was Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern as The Wet Bandits.

All in all, Home Alone stands the test of time and is a great movie to watch during the holidays (even though I watched it in March). And if that's not enough to get you to keep watching this movie, how about the fact that John Candy had a cameo in the film?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.