Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Fighter

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Fighter - 4 out of 5

WOW! One of the best acted films I've ever seen in my life and I never NEVER thought I would say that about a film that had Mark Wahlberg in it. I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of Marky Mark. I've never found him to be the most convincing actor.

For example:



However, lately I've found him to be getting better. Maybe it's the fact he's starting to get into roles that fit him better but I've found myself hating him less and less lately--even more so after he cracked me up in The Other Guys. But I was genuinely surprised as I watched him play the role of the real life boxer Mickey Ward. And things only became more amazing when another actor that I use to hate but have come to love; Christian Bale (the man really deserved the Best Actor Award he received for this role and proves that he can look scary thin better than anyone else in the business), was acting right beside him. Watching these two interact with each other is reason enough to enjoy this movie. But when you combine some great direction from David O. Russell, beautiful camera and cinematography work that really makes you, the viewer, believe they are watching a real boxing event and a very engaging story, The Fighter really proves to be an excellent film and can offer up the argument that the Oscars really know what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.