Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Marooned

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Marooned - 2 out of 5

Imagine that you were stranded in space with no way home. Your oxygen is running out and all hope is fleeting. That's what Marooned offered but never really delivered the tension that could have come from such a story.

I wanted really badly to like this film because it is really well made and the acting is fantastic (how can it not be when you have the likes of Richard Crenna, Gregory Peck and Gene Hackman in it?). However, the film spends more time spouting out tech-babble and having scenes move too slowly for any real suspense to build on the predicament the astronauts find themselves in. Static camera angles and lack of a soundtrack also hurt in creating tension as I felt more like a passive viewer than someone who is knee deep in the danger. Even the scene where the wayward space-travelers are giving what could be their final goodbyes to their wives comes off stale and boring.

As I stated, I really wanted to enjoy this film because it is really well made and the story is great but a lack of thrills and the film's inability to make me feel sympathy for the lost astronauts keeps this film at a 2 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.