Thursday, February 24, 2011

The League Season 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The League Season 1 - 5 out of 5

I am NOT a sports guy. Never was and never will be. I don't watch the games, I don't go to the games and I don't participate in Fantasy Football. The fantasy-style game I choose is Dungeons & Dragons. So, then, why does a show about a group a dudes with their own Fantasy Football league appeal to me?

For two reasons: It's on FX, the best network for TV shows right now and it's FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Even though I would rather sit down and play some Gears of Wars than watch a single football game, this show is one of the funniest shows that has been put on cable TV in quite some time. In fact, one of the best things about this show is the fact that the emphasis isn't really about the Fantasy Football league but rather the characters themselves and the ridiculous high-jinks they find themselves into thanks to the league. That's the most amazing part of the show! Somehow events take place that have absolutely NOTHING to do with football and it all comes back to the league. That screams volumes about the show's writing.

Honestly, with a hilarious group of characters played by very funny actors this show is highly addictive and extremely fun to watch. And that's coming from a guy who was beaten up by guys who play Fantasy Football.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.