Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cyrus

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Cyrus - 3 out of 5

Here's the movie in a nutshell without a nutshell: John C. Reilly gets divorced and meets a great girl played by Marisa Tomei. However, he must deal with her crazy son played by Jonah Hill who doesn't want them to get together. What follows is a mediocre comedy/drama that never really delivers much--even entertainment.

The story has potential and the talent involved is good--Reilly is great, and Catherine Keener is in the film also and she's a delight. Sure Hill is starting to run his course for me but I gave him a chance. However, the film is kinda boring and I found myself unable to concentrate on the movie as the story dragged and there wasn't much in the laughs department (even though the film is called a comedy). A large part of me wanted to get into this movie because the relationship between Hill's character and Tomei's reminded me of a mother and son I know who are, let's say, a little too close. But with a story that could barely keep my attention, I feel I am being generous giving this movie a 3 rather than something lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.