Friday, December 31, 2010

The Unforseen

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Unforseen - 3 out of 5

Land development and pollution in Austin, Texas are the targets in this documentary produced by Robert Redford.

I love documentaries and, being an environmentalist myself, I love documentaries that focus on the planet or protecting the environment so I naturally added this to my Netflix queue. The subject material is interesting and the doc does a great job at showing the argument from both the environmentalists' perspective and the men who put development over nature. However, the film does move at a slow pace and it's very narrow premise (I would have preferred a larger scope when it comes to this debate and not just a focus on one city) ends up hurting the rating I gave the film.

While not the best environmental documentary I've seen, it's still interesting enough to give it a shot if you like docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.