Friday, December 17, 2010

Tom Waits: Big Time

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Tom Waits: Big Time - 5 out of 5

One part live concert, one part theater and all parts Tom Waits.

After finally being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I decided to sit down and watch this great film by the rock icon that, sadly, is nearly impossible to find (that excludes torrents but you can watch it instantly on Netflix. It would be nice to see a DVD release of this show, however.). If you're a Tom Waits fan and have never seen this, check it out. If you're not a fan of Tom Waits, I don't have to tell you to NOT see it because you already haven't. If you're not sure who Tom Waits is, check out his stuff. Chances are you've already heard his stuff anyway.

This show is just spectacular and a great example of the creative genius that is Tom Waits. But then again, I'm a HUGE Waits fan, so I'm bias. But at least I admit it. I'm not Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.