Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait - 1 out of 5

BORING!

I love documentaries and I love seeing how movies are made so, you think, when you combine the two, it would be something I would instantly get into and consider having an unnatural relationship with (I am human and it, after all, is inanimate). However, this behind the scenes look at the insanely popular cult phenomenon know as The Texas Chainsaw Massacre offers no real insight to the film that you could otherwise learn by reading the trivia section at IMDb. It would also eat up less of your time.

The film consists of some footage of the film clumsily edited together with long winded (and did I say boring?) stories from three of the actors involved in the movie and a couple of film experts. The film doesn't explore the impact the movie had on both film-making and society nor does it give much insight to the viewers' experience.

The reality is, this behind-the-scenes glance at the horror film that changed the definition of what it means to be a scary movie is lackluster at best. In the end, it felt more like a crudely put together home video, than an expansion to the cannibalistic family that both frightened and endeared so much of American when they were first unleashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.