Friday, December 17, 2010

The Other Guys

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Other Guys - 4 out of 5

WOW! This film was a lot funnier than I had anticipated.

After the last several Will Ferrell movies have been very disappointing, I went into this movie thinking it was going to be the same thing I've seen in his last half a dozen films. Scenes going on too long and jokes dragged out and beating beyond the point where they create Hulk-transforming anger inducing moments and more irritating and annoying than funny--kinda like watching Dane Cook's stand up. However, this was more of a call back to what put him on the map and was a very solid comedy. Even Mark Wahlberg, who I think is one of the worst actors to ever grace the silver screen, made me laugh--genuinely laugh--2 or 3 times. However, one of the most enjoyable aspects of this movie was not the over the top action that made fun of the action film genre (that was enjoyable too) but rather seeing Michael Keaton return to his comedic roots. I can't remember the last time I saw the best Batman take a comedic role. Yes, I was quite surprised how funny and entertaining this movie was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.