Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Inception

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Inception - 5 out of 5

I had to fight the hardest fight I have ever had to battle with my movie reviews to NOT give this film a 10 out of 5 because it is that fucking epic. That's right, this movie is so good, I had to drop an F-bomb in order to fully describe how great it is. Everything about this movie is pure perfection. There is not a single solitary aspect of this picture that I didn't enjoy. This movie has solidified my stance that Christopher Nolen is this generation's Stanley Kubrick. While I haven't enjoyed all his movies (I'm not the biggest fan of Memento) he has still showed a talent for both writing and directing and filling the cinemas with quality, unique films in an otherwise cliche, worn-out environment filled with remakes, sequels and all-out stolen storylines.

Everything from the music, extremely tight editing, acting, camera work, cast, action, emotion, humor and a one-of-a-kind story are all perfect as raw ingredients but the magician Nolen takes them all, blends them together to create something magical as he makes this movie flow amazingly without ever losing its pace--not once dragging in order to tell the story. The two and a half hours fly by without you noticing as you are completely sucked into the film.

And then there is the cast...I keep using the word but the cast was perfect. Each actor played their part exceptionally well and ALL come off believable in their parts. Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe, Dileep Rao, Cillian Murphy, Tom Berenger, Marion Cotillard, Pete Postlewaite and Michael Caine! I had to list them all because unlike most films, each and every one of them brought something to the table. I wasn't even a fan of Leo until I saw this movie. He was that good!

Some critics say a movie is a "must see" but Inception is a "must own." I'm not kidding, this is a film is something that should go in everyone's collection. It is so rare that I am blown away by a movie the way Inception blew me away and that's why there is no other word to describe this film. Inception is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.