Friday, December 17, 2010

Important Things with Dimitri Martin Season 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Important Things with Demetri Martin Season 1 - 4 out of 5

Demetri Martin is one of those creative comics you knew was going to get his own show on Comedy Central and, as it turns out, was not a bad thing at all.

All the things that makes Martin a unique comic are here and the show is genuinely funny. However, like many shows nowadays, the overuse of laughtracks begin to hurt the show--especially early in the season. As the show progresses, the tracks are taken out with the exception of pre-taped segments. I think we can thank CBS for this new trend as they learned that if you can't make your show funny, at least make people THINK it's funny by inserting a laughtrack. Thanks CBS, keep lowering the bar.

But unlike Two and a Half Men or How I Met Your Mother, Important Things with Demetri Martin is actually very funny and really entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.