Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Futurama Vol. 5

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Futurama Vol. 5 - 5 out of 5

I am a HUGE fan of Futurama. Ever since the show came out, I said that Matt Groening had created something entirely better than The Simpsons and, even now, I still think that. Maybe it's the fact it's geared more towards geeks like me or maybe because the writing is better or the animation is far more superior--I don't know--but Futurama will always be the best creation that Groening has made.

After Fox f'ed over the show years ago, I was incredibly sad but comforted by the fact I owned the entire series on DVD. Then, when Fox resurrected it on four direct to DVD videos, I was filled with hope as it brought with it not only fresh stories but a return to television. All the things that made the series great came back with it like it never left the air. The writing is still some of the best ever seen as episodes are filled with solid stories that have a perfect balance of jokes, character development and emotion. The animation is just as good as ever as the show continues to be the only animated program that can seamlessly integrate both 2D and 3D animation and all the fantastically talented voice actors who brought life to the characters we all love returned. Billy West, John DiMaggio, Katey Sagal, Phil LaMarr, Tress MacNeille, Maurice LaMarche and David Herman--I could go on and on about these voice actors who I love and respect so much--that's right, I love them and would say that to their faces if I met them.

Honestly, I could go on and on about how great Futurama is but I won't waste your time. All I can say is that this volume continues to show the quality the show has always had and proves their transition back to television was, as if, they had never left in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.