Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Baader Meinhof Complex

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Baader Meinhof Complex - 2 out of 5

Historical story and well made are two of the good things I can say about this movie that showcases the real life story of the German terrorist group, the Red Army Faction. However, personally, I wasn't able to get into the film as the heavy amount of dialogue forced me to spend more time reading (it's in German and in subtitles) than watching the film. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not against watching foreign films--I'm not one of those angry rednecks who yells out, "If you can't learn the language, get the fuck out." The problem I had was that the film was sooooo dialogue heavy, I couldn't enjoy the camera work, editing and all the technical stuff I love about movies because I had to spend so much time reading. Add that to the fact I felt the story moved too slowly at times and I found myself completely unable to get into the film.

While the film doesn't do anything particularly wrong, I just couldn't get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.