Friday, November 5, 2010

Toy Story 3

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Toy Story 3 - 5 out of 5

This movie is, without a better word to describe it, perfect. If I didn't constrict myself to the "out-of-five" ranking system, this movie would easily get a 10!

I am a huge fan of Pixar because, not only do they have the best animation team, they also have some of the best writers in the business making movies that can appeal to both young and old. And this film once again preserves their title as the best creators of animated films as well as doing a fantastic job of closing off the story of Andy's toys.

When I first saw Toy Story, I remember thinking that this was just some amazing animation and then, as the years went by, I was continuously blown away by Pixar outdoing THEMSELVES! And this one is no exception--especially when you watch the first one and then take a look at this one and see that the animation has gone to infinity and beyond (sorry about the bad pun).

Like all other Pixar films, the voice acting is just top notch. It's a little sad that Jim Varney wasn't able to return to portray Slinky Dog (you will be missed Jim) but Blake Clark (Joe Dirt) filled in perfect. This is even more touching when you find out that Clark and Varney were good friends in real life. The familiars were all there: John Ratzenberger, Wallace Shawn, Don Rickles, Joan Cusack, Estelle Harris and, of course, Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. But more characters were introduced and excellent actors came in and provided the voices. Michael Keaton (the best Batman, in my opinion) joins the cast as Ken as well as Timothy Dalton, Kristen Schaal and the outrageously funny Jeff Garlin join in as new toys. But the biggest highlight is Ned Beatty voicing the evil Lotso. His delivery is just amazing and really makes Lotso a credible threat to the toys as they try to get back to Andy after they are dumped off at a daycare that Lotso runs like a dictator.

As ususal, the story is just fantastic and really elicits an emotional response from the viewer. Pixar is able to do this with all their films and it never ceases to amaze me that I can sit down and find myself both laughing and crying in the same movie.

I could go on and on about how great this movie was because it really was perfect. The movie was AMAZINGLY put together. It will make you laugh, make you cry but in the end, you'll see it was the perfect ending for the characters we have all come to know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.