Sunday, November 28, 2010

Modern Family Season 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Modern Family Season 1 - 5 out of 5

This show, is quite possibly, one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Every episode is FILLED with sidesplitting laughter delivered by great characters. Steven Levitan and Christopher Lloyd (Great Scott, not THAT Christopher Lloyd) should be knighted for creating this show because it is one of those rare gems that isn't often seen on television. With the boob tube being filled with sitcom after sitcom filled with laugh tracks that are trying to make the viewer believe that the inane dialogue they just heard was actually a joke (CBS, I'm looking at you and all your sitcom comedies), it's refreshing to see a show that is genuinely funny and actually makes you laugh out loud...and laugh REALLY HARD.

Honestly, there is NOTHING that doesn't work on this show. It is, for the lack of a better word, perfect. The cast is filled with nothing but talented actors who all play well off each other. Combine that with all around great writing and great stories and you have a highly addicting show that made me burn through disc after disc on this first season and, like some kind of drug, nearly put me through withdraw when the season ended--I was craving more. In fact, I was digging the show so much, I watched all the extra features on the DVDs (a rare thing for me because most special features on TV show DVDs aren't that good but I can highly recommend watching the gag reel. Unlike most gag reels which feature actors having giggle fits and laughing at inside jokes, these outtakes will REALLY make you laugh). Even the child actors are incredibly talented and more than pull their own weight against the adults. And that is amazing when you see the quality of humor and timing coming from the likes of Ed O'Neill and Ty Burrell. Honestly, Ty's character of Phil has become my new hero. That man is comedy GOLD!

There is no end to the good things I can say about this show because it is just that damn good. I can't wait for Season 2 to finish up and come out on DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.