Saturday, November 6, 2010

Discworld: Wyrd Sisters

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Discworld: Wyrd Sisters - 4 out of 5

I'm a big fan of Terry Pratchett and, if you're not, I really don't feel like going into detail about what the Discworld is. Let me just say this: The Discworld is fantasy with humor and wit.

If that interests you, check out Wyrd Sisters, the second of two animated adaptations of Terry Pratchett's novels. While I really enjoy Pratchett's work, the witches (that's the sisters) are not some of my favorite characters of his. There's nothing particularly wrong with them--in fact, the witches books are often very funny like Pratchett's other stuff but I just enjoy some of his other work more, for example, his stories about Death or about the Watch. Because the witches are lowest on my list of favorite characters from the Discworld, I only gave this film a 4. There's nothing particular wrong with it, I've just seen better Discworld novels adapted. The animation is great as it showcases hand-painted cells that aren't seen anymore in animation. Finally, the adaptation also stays very close to the source material and that's always a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.