Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Children of the Corn

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Children of the Corn - 2 out of 5

It's been a long time since I've seen this movie and, recently, I've decided to visit the entire series from beginning to end.

I forgot how bad the first film was.

First off, the story is just silly but Stephen King wrote it and, as I've expressed in other reviews, I don't find King to be a very convincing horror writer because most of his stories tend to get a little off the wall towards the end--and this was no exception. Secondly, the acting is just terrible. John Franklin as Issac and Courtney Gains as Malachai are the exception but the seemingly bored with the film performances of Peter Horton and Linda Hamilton are quick to pull the viewer out of the movie--however, this is a source of humor if you feel like making fun of the film and, believe me, this movie is easy to make fun of.

This film really offers nothing in the scare department but the terrible filmmaking, story telling and acting is enough to get a minor amount of entertainment from. If you feel like watching this movie, it's best to do so with friends and having a good old fashion riff-fest otherwise you risk the very real danger of being bored to death. That's about as scary as it gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.