Sunday, November 7, 2010

30 Rock Season 4

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

30 Rock Season 4 - 5 out of 5

Quite possibly the best comedy on T.V. right now.

Where do I even start when describing how great this show is? It is absolutely hilarious and will often make me laugh until my sides hurt. The writing is addicting as hell as, in one sitting with the DVDs, I will burn through entire discs without getting up to get a snack or even use the restroom. And then there's the characters...Tracy Morgan is just awesome, Tina Fey (I have such a crush on this woman) and Alec Baldwin play off each other so well as Liz Lemon and Jack Donaghy, Jack McBrayer as Kenneth, Scott Adsit as Pete--OH, don't forget Dot Com and Grizz, Jonathan, Lutz and Toofer. And we can't forget great cameos this season by Matt Damon, Will Forte and Julianne Moore. Honestly, the characters are so great that it makes the show comparable to heroin in its addictive nature.

There is only one single downside to the show. And it can be summed up in one word: Jenna.

The only unfunny character played by a woman who looks like Skeletor painted with a thin layer of flesh-colored paint. Her dumb blond character has only once, in 4 seasons, made me laugh. The character is just generic and, in season 2 and 3, her character was downplayed a lot and made for nearly perfect television. However, towards the end of this particular season, Jane Krakowski's character seemed to have a second coming as she would become a large focus on a lot of episodes.

Aside from Jenna, this show is basically perfection and continues to deliver without any signs of dropping in quality anytime soon. I'm a fan and will continue watching despite how unfunny the character of Jenna is but, with all the other funny characters to overpower her, it balances out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.