Monday, October 25, 2010

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward Vol. 2: The Day of Awakening

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fast Forward Vol. 2: The Day of Awakening - 4 out of 5

If you read my review of the first half of this season of the AWESOME TMNT animated series, you would know that I didn't care for this season as much as the previous seasons. Toned down action, a more lighthearted feel and annoying new characters replacing some old favorites caused me to view this season less favorably than others. Even the premise was something I wasn't the biggest fan of as this season saw the turtles end up in the future.

However, the 2nd half of the season picked up and improved a great deal. Many of the annoying characters that bothered me in the first half, developed enough where they were quite tolerable and the stories started to get back to the quality of the previous seasons. While I still didn't find this season to be as entertaining as the rest of the series, it still IS the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, so that element is almost a guarantee that I will like the show.

While not a complete downturn, this season does offer some fun stories, so it isn't a total loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.