Monday, October 4, 2010

Pawn Stars Season 2

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Pawn Stars Season 2 - 5 out of 5

I've never been a fan of reality shows. Too often they are generic entertainment (and I say that loosely) of some of the lowest common denominator that takes away jobs from writers and distracts the audience with sluts and violence. Shows like Jersey Shore and Man vs Food make me ashamed to be a part of this country because regurgitated crap like these shows are just an opiate for the masses who all openly admit the shows are terrible but they are like a car crash mixed with heroin, so they watch. THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT OKAY TO WATCH! However, I've always been a fan of History and Discovery channel's reality shows because they follow people who do interesting jobs (like Deadliest Catch and Ice Road Truckers). And the adventures of a Las Vegas pawn shop and all the customers trying to sell their treasures make for some fun television. The characters who work at the shop are captivating, the lessons you learn from the historical artifacts brought in are interesting and the entertainment value that comes when you see overly arrogant snobs brought down a peg or two when they learn that the object they believed was worth thousands of dollars (and they often paid that to get the item) is a fake. This show is just plain fun and addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.