Monday, October 18, 2010

Invictus

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Invictus - 3 out of 5

This movie showed me a few things: Clint Eastwood is a very talented and versatile director, and I know absolutely nothing about Rugby.

There was nothing particularly wrong with this movie about Nelson Mandela bringing South Africa together through rugby and its star player, played by Matt Damon. The story was straight forward, the acting was fantastic (with the exception of all the Rugby players who weren't Damon as they showed no real depth and were just kinda there) and Eastwood's direction was great. However the story does move kind of slow and, being that I'm not a sports guy, I found myself getting a little bored with the big rugby match at the end of the movie. However, there are some inspirational things going on here and some very subtle commentary about the relations between the races in South Africa and that added some depth to the story and for some interesting things to chew on while watching the film. Overall, it's a great movie but I just wasn't the audience it was made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.