Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Ghoulies

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Ghoulies - 1 out of 5

I don't often use hackneyed text acronyms but while and after watching this movie, I found myself saying "WTF?!?" Nothing happens in this movie. Apparently, a long time ago a powerful, evil man is stopped and his legacy is put upon a house that a young couple finds themselves in and the boyfriend discovers occult items and very willingly (and very quickly) submerges himself in the dark arts and awakens little creatures called the Ghoulies (hence the title). What is the most surprising about this film is how little the Ghoulies do. THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING! They show up, occasionally pop up in the background and then disappear. Even more surprising what the complete lack of scares this movie conjures up and the lack of violence and death that is usually synonymous with horror films.

Seriously, nothing happens in this movie and it makes me wonder why exactly sequels were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.