Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Darkon

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Darkon - 4 out of 5

There is something magical about LARPing. I am the last person who would ever judge another person by their hobbies due to my own obsession with Star Wars. In fact, I was once booked by a LARPing troupe to come out and perform my stand up comedy for in Ohio and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life. And, in case you're wondering what LARPing is, it basically is live action role-playing. Have you seen Role Models? Well, LARPing has a big presence in the movie and this documentary follows the antics of a LARPing club called The Darkon Wargaming Club, Inc.

There's nothing flashing about this documentary. Just simple interviews with the participants and footage of the games being played. The players are interesting and the way the filmmakers made the battles look and feel like a big budget movie with the music and getting in the middle of the madness made for a fun movie.

This isn't a documentary showing some evil being done in the world. It's just a simple little film about people doing something they love. If you like documentaries as much as I do, I highly suggest giving this one a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.