Monday, October 11, 2010

Comedian

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Comedian - 5 out of 5

As a stand up comedian myself, I can't believe it's taken me so long to watch a documentary that follows Jerry Seinfeld as he returns to the status of a working comedian. Honestly, watching this, a lot hit home as I sympathized with the trials that come working the stage.

The documentary is interesting and well put together but one thing really irritated me. A side story that involved an up and coming arrogant comedian named Orny Adams. While watching his antics and ego, I thought, "Man, this guy is a total douchebag" as he talks trash about Seinfeld behind his back when Jerry gave him advice and he acted like he was the funniest comedian to ever exist. But after I reflected on this for a moment, I realized I work with guys like him all the time. Guys who think they are the next big thing and that they are the most talented guy to ever exist and would rather talk about how great they are then concentrate on putting on a great show with his fellow comedians.

Aside from putting up with the painful segments involving the upstart Orny, the film is interesting and funny. Even if you're not a comedian, I believe you can enjoy it as you see how truly hard it is to be funny.

Plus, this film had one of the funniest trailers to ever exist. Don't believe me? Well take a look...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.