Monday, October 11, 2010

Babies

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Babies - 2 out of 5

Meh.

That was the feeling I had after I finished this documentary that follows four different babies from all over the world.

Unlike most modern documentaries, this film contains no agenda, narration or stats. It just follows four different babies as they play, eat and cry...and boy do they cry. Sometimes, it gets pretty annoying listening to the screaming kids, to be honest.

It's interesting seeing how different but how similar different societies raise their younglings and sure there are some really cute scenes that make you gush as you watch these little ones start to develop but I don't know if it's because I don't think I want to be a father but I just couldn't get into this documentary. I felt like I was watching home videos of someone's kid or, even worse, babysitting but unable to stop the kid from crying and getting some peace and quiet as I set them down to nap.

If you're a parent or just plain WANT to have kids, you will definitely enjoy this movie. However, I was, for the most part, bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.