Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Rampage

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Rampage - 4 out of 5

I never thought I would say this about a Uwe Boll movie but this movie is REALLY good. I'll be honest, I watch and enjoy all of Uwe's other movies, not because they are well made but because they are so bad that they are just entertaining. But Rampage isn't like that at all. Uwe actually made a good movie. The story is shocking and great. The acting is spot on from the film's antagonist and main character Brendan Fletcher to the supporting cast, including one of my favorite character actors, Matt Fewer. When you add this to Uwe's use of camera (brilliant usage of a shaky, hand-held, in my opinion) and the mood setting music, this blends together perfectly with the insane social commentary this movie is making. But let it be know that this movie is flippin' violent. REALLY VIOLENT. But, if you've seen his other movies, you know Uwe doesn't shy away from violence. But unlike his other films, the violence in this movie is realistic and doesn't reflect the over the top style he's exhibited in the past with all the video game adaptations he's made. This movie is so well made that I had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming because it seemed that Uwe Boll did a complete turn around from all his previous work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.