Monday, September 13, 2010

Lightning Jack

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Lightning Jack - 3 out of 5

Not long ago, this movie popped in my head while I was watching Crocodile Dundee and, to my horror, I found that Netflix doesn't have it. Things got worse when I discovered that my local library ALSO, did not have it. After much looking, I eventually chased down a copy and forgot how fun this movie was. This isn't an award winning comedy but it's a good popcorn movie. Paul Hogan and Cuba Gooding Jr. work well together and this movie makes me miss Hogan. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing him make another appearance on the Hollywood radar. Side Note: If you like Paul Hogan, I suggest you check out Strange Bedfellows. That movie is fun and witty and all around entertaining. It is also the movie that I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry stole their story from...and stole it poorly. Lightning Jack is a charming movie that has a fun story but won't challenge you like other films. And sometimes, that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.