Monday, September 13, 2010

Date Night

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Date Night - 3 out of 5

Not the best comedy you'll ever see and definitely NOT the most original story. In fact, if memory serves, the nineties was full of wayward married couples getting into all sorts of shenanigans. However, there are enough funny moments to warrant a single viewing of this movie. However, I will admit I am a little bias towards this movie because there are some great comedic actors in this movie I really enjoy and I am a BIG fan of Steve Carrell and, I will be honest, I LOVE Tina Fey. This movie almost lost it completely for me because of Mark Walberg being in this (that's right, I don't like Marky Mark. HATE ME FOR IT!) but even his scenes offered up a couple of chuckles. Also interesting, the out-takes the movie offers during the credits are pretty good (let's face it, most out-takes on DVDs and credits are the "you had to be there" funny moments that we, the audience, can't really appreciate fully) and, at times, a lot funnier than the movie itself. Overall however, this movie feels like it was lacking. Like it was trying to bring you some funny stuff but never was able to get there. But like I said, there are some funny scenes (especially a great monologue by Steve) that warrant a single viewing of this movie. Hey, you might as well have a Date Night to this movie! I mean, it won't be an action movie, so girls will like that and it won't be a romantic comedy, that will make guys happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.