Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Wire Season 3

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Wire Season 3 - 5 out of 5

Holy WOW! This season was amazing. Not just because it continued the great character development (and these are some great characters, people) and the absolutely addicting story, this season brought up a really great possibility of dealing with crime: Legalizing drugs. That, of course, is a very VERY skimmed down version of what occurred this season but events that took place really raised an interesting question about crime and an alternative way of handling it. This review is very difficult to write because I don't want to give any spoilers away about the events that took place this season but let's say I was glued to my seat, burning through entire discs without so much as getting up to go to the bathroom. Finally, this season really knocked it out of the park when it came to editing, directing and not to mention the handling the politics of stopping crime. That, without a doubt, is one of my favorite aspects of this show is all the background happenings that occur with these police officers are they try to stop the drug trade in Baltimore. Can't wait to watch season 4!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.