Monday, August 23, 2010

The Vanishing

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

The Vanishing - 3 out of 5

Okay, is the best word I can use to describe this thriller. There isn't much mystery to the story but the killer's motive is interesting, to say the least. For the most part, this movie doesn't do many things wrong but it loses major points for the ending. I won't give anything away but it's your typical Hollywood ending. And the final moments before the credits role is lame enough for me to take off any entire point because of the terrible joke delivered. It was like an ending to a cheesy sitcom from the 80's or 70's. I half expected the movie to end in a freeze frame because of it. Also, Jeff Bridges' uses a strange voice throughout the film that serves as more of a annoyance than something that makes his character unique. The final sin this movie commits is having Sandra Bullock in it. I don't care for the woman and I've never found her to be a convincing actress. Thankfully, she isn't in the movie long. Overall, this movie isn't terrible. It's worth a view and if you're bored and have nothing to do, it will definitely keep you entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.