Saturday, August 14, 2010

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 Part 1 & 2

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Season 2 Part 1 & 2 - 5 out of 5

Ever since I first saw the original cartoon, I have been a fan of those four ninja turtles. As I grew up, I got into the comic books and found something very different than what I found on Saturday mornings. But that's not a bad thing because the comics were awesome too! This review isn't the 2nd season of the original cartoon but rather the newer cartoon that aired in 2003. This cartoon took most of its storylines directly from the comic series, creating a more true version of the turtles than the light-hearted Saturday morning cartoon. I'm not saying the original series isn't good (however, after watching it as an adult, I realize how little kid show creators thought about their audience because the animation is terrible and the storylines are weak) I'm just saying this version is better because there is an emphasis on story and action that wasn't in the original and it tends to take itself more seriously than the bumbling ways of Bebop, Rocksteady and Shredder in the first animated form. But don't worry, Mickey's humorous ways are still there. Besides the great stories this version tells, the animation is top notch. There are even some anime influence in this version but not too much. Which is good because I am not the biggest fan of anime. The voice acting is great, keeping the feel of the original voices of the turtles from the other series and overall, I have no real complaints about this show...except the theme song can't compete with the original. Finally, if there weren't enough reason to watch this version, the geek reference that are constantly thrown into every episode should be the icing on the cake (or extra toppings on the pizza?--actually, that's another thing they left behind from the original series, the turtles' love of pizza.). Movies, books, video games and comic books are constantly alluded to in this show and it just makes it that much more entertaining. MAN, I LOVE BEING A TURTLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.