Wednesday, August 25, 2010

SpongeBob SquarePants Season 6 Vol. 1

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

SpongeBob SquarePants Season 6 Vol. 1 - 5 out of 5

I'm a big SpongeBob fan. His cartoon is creative, funny as all hell and really REALLY well animated. This season continues the antics of our underwater sea friend who lives in a pineapple. All the usual stuff is there: Mr. Krabs loves his money and Plankton is always trying to steal the secret formula to the Krabby Patty, Patrick is still stupid and Squidward is still Squidward. There are some terrific episodes in this season (one of my favs is when SpongeBob and Patrick have some fun with slide whistles and irritate Squidward.) and a few of them are trying to teach the kids as well. Particularly the one where Squidward tells SpongeBob to be normal and our yellow little friend sells out and normalizes. But he learns that it's better to be yourself and he becomes his old lovable self again. The season also sees some great guest stars as Patchy the Pirate (played by Tom Kenny, the man who provides the voice of SpongeBob) tries to recruit celebrities for the 10 anniversary episode. (I can't believe it's been on for a decade already.) One of my favorite comedians (and it's not because he's an atheist like me) Ricky Gervais provides the narration for that episode and we also see, the woman who I want to be my wife, Tina Fey and Will Ferrell. (To name a few.) Overall, this season continues to bring the quality we've come to expect from SpongeBob and it is just pure joy to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.