Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sex Drive

***DISCLAIMER*** The following review is entirely my opinion. If you comment (which I encourage you to do) be respectful. If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine. To each their own. I am just sharing my opinions and perspective. Finally, the reviews are given on a scale of 1-5. 1, of course, being terrible. 2, being not great. 3, being okay. 4, being good and 5, being epic!

Sex Drive - 2 out of 5

Generic sex comedy, is the best way to sum up this movie. In fact, the opening scene has been seen a dozen times, a dozen different ways in the genre of sex comedies. Nothing in this movie is particularly funny besides Seth Green's character. (Which is the only reason I gave this a 2 and not a 1.) I'm not going to waste my time reviewing the story because when you sit down to watch a movie called Sex Drive, a deep story with an intricate plot is not something you're expecting. I actually had to sit through this movie twice as I watched both the rated and unrated versions of the film. The unrated gets points because it is unlike any unrated movie ever released. The unrated opens with a terrific Tim and Eric style skit about the nature of the unrated version that is much funnier than anything else in the movie. The unrated also throws in outtakes and bloopers throughout the film that are ALSO funnier than anything else in the movie. It's not a good sign when your blooper reel has more solid humor than the written portions of the movie. If you like sex comedies, you'll like this movie. If you want a movie with gratuitous boobs, no plot and a leading man who is more lifeless than a dead fish, you can find all that in Sex Drive. Clark Duke has some mildly amusing scenes but, since this movie came out, he has been much funnier in movies like Kick-Ass and Hot Tub Time Machine. If you're bored with fart humor and bottom of the barrel comedy, I would recommed passing this one up. You'll get nothing from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.